As the leaves finish falling and winter creeps ever closer, it’s important to ensure that your mobile or manufactured home is well-prepared for the upcoming changes in weather! At General Supply Inc, we understand the importance of a well-maintained mobile home, and that’s why General Supply Inc is here to provide you with a comprehensive guide to preparing your manufactured home for the winter season!
The #1 rule for owning a mobile home? STAY PROACTIVE!
Unlike traditional homes, manufactured homes require a little more seasonal planning. To ensure your family stays warm and your home stays cozy this winter, there are a number of things you can do to prepare. Here are a few of them:
Check on your furnace
- Inspect your furnace for any scratches, dents
- Look into any strange smells
- Replace the filter
Winterize your roof
- The edges, seams, and expansion joints on your metal roof need to be checked and sealed every year
Check the skirting
- Protect your manufactured home with skirting
- Keep animals OUT, and extra heat IN
- Skirting provides extra insulation to your pipes so they don’t freeze and burst.
Insulate, insulate, insulate
- Late Fall or early winter is a great time to make sure your mobile home is properly insulated for the upcoming season with heat tape and pipe insulation
- A proactive approach to maintenance is the first step to ensuring your mobile home stays comfortable in the fall and winter. For more fall and winter resources, see the links at the bottom of this blog!
Need a pro to help you with your roof, skirting, furnace, or pipe insulation? We’re here to help!
This season brings fluctuating temperatures, which means that proper insulation is a key factor to your comfortability. While you are checking your skirting to ensure there are no dents or cracks, take a moment to decide whether adding insulation would be worth it for your manufactured home.
At General Supply Inc, we will always recommend that our customers insulate their pipes and use heat tape to help maintain a consistent indoor temperature! If you are looking for help insulating your pipes this fall and winter season, we’d be happy to chat! Call us to learn more.
Call the Pros
Whether you’re a mobile home expert, or a manufactured home newbie, General Supply is here to help. From DIY projects to installations handled by us, we want your mobile home to feel like your sanctuary. Call us today for any questions about your mobile or manufactured home!